Thursday, September 15, 2011

Best Cheap Powder Brush: Sonia Kashuk Travel Blusher Brush Review

Yes, that's right, I use a blusher brush as a powder brush.

The soft, full, rounded bristles of this brush work as well as any powder-specific brush I've ever used. The regular Sonia Kashuk blusher brush is popular, but I use the travel version because of its shorter handle (fits in my makeup bag), protective case, and lower cost of only about $10. I use it almost daily to apply a loose setting powder over my favorite concealer.

So, without further ado, here is my review of the Sonia Kashuk travel blusher brush!

Sonia Kashuk travel blusher brush (with lid to travel case).
 Pros:
  • It has a soft, full head similar to most powder brushes that allows me to evenly apply just the right amount of powder to my face.
  • It fits in my small makeup bag (as opposed to the regular Sonia Kashuk blusher brush, which has a very long handle).
  • It comes with a protective travel case. I love this, because as long as I remember to close the case whenever I put the brush back in my bag, it keeps the bristles straight and neat.
  • The bristles never shed onto my face. This is a huge issue with most inexpensive makeup brushes, but not with this one.
  • It only costs around $10, and it will last years if you take care of it. This is compared to around $18 for the full-sized version and up to $50 (sometimes more) for other popular powder brushes.

Cons:
  • As far as I know, only Target carries Sonia Kashuk brushes. You'll have to either buy it in a Target store or order it from their website. My only other idea is to try eBay.

I really can't think of any other negatives. Here are a couple more pictures:

Sonia Kashuk travel blusher brush - size comparison.

Travel case with lid off but bristles covered.

And I think that's about it. I love my Sonia Kashuk travel blusher brush, and I hope that my review has helped you decide if it's worth a try for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment