Friday, September 16, 2011

Best Daily Shampoo Under $2: Suave Professionals Rosemary + Mint Review

I actually hate using cheap drugstore products on my hair, but I was forced to start experimenting with them about a year ago when my wallet began to dictate my purchases in this area. Before that I used Organix Pomegranate Green Tea shampoo for daily use (and a clarifying shampoo about once every week or two), and it was actually reasonably priced at just over $6 for a 13 oz. bottle. But even that became too expensive, and as I said, I began experimenting.

I tried many shampoos in the $1 - $4 range, and some of them were truly awful, but I did finally find a decent one: Suave Professionals Rosemary + Mint Invigorating Clean shampoo, which currently costs $1.84 for a 12.6 oz. bottle at my local Walmart. A 32 oz. bottle is only $2.74.

32 oz. bottle of Suave Professionals Rosemary + Mint shampoo.
  
Pros:
  • It lathers well.
  • It leaves my hair feeling clean without stripping it.
  • It seems to balance my somewhat fussy scalp, so my hair doesn't become greasy by the end of the day. It keeps feeling clean until the next wash.
  • The scent is hard to describe, but I like it. It's not too strong and it doesn't linger in my hair, but it makes for a pleasant showering experience.
  • Because it's Suave, it's widely available. I buy it at Walmart for the cheap price, but you can probably find this in drugstores, supermarkets, dollar stores, and all over the Internet.

Cons:
  • I know that some people don't like shampoos that contain sulfates, and this does contain sodium laureth sulfate. Honestly, I don't think you'll find a sulfate-free shampoo under $2. 
  • Cheap products are likely to contain cheap ingredients, so I just feel like this is not the best for my hair.

Like I said, I don't really like using such cheap shampoo, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And honestly, this stuff works pretty well. If you're really strapped for cash, I would recommend it.

I should also note that I've tried a few of the other products in the Suave Professionals line and found some of them to be lacking. Stay far away from the Damage Care products, both the shampoo and conditioner, because they left my hair feeling constantly greasy whether I used them together or separately.

Anyway, I hope that this review has helped you decide if Suave Professionals Rosemary + Mint shampoo might be something you'd like to try. I'll review my favorite conditioner under $2 in an upcoming post, so be sure to check back for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment